After you have reviewed the programs offered by Service Dogs of Virginia, and the criteria we use to make placement decisions, you may elect to apply for a dog. Please do NOT pay the $100 application fee until you send in a completed application. Before initiating an application, please read our Criteria for Applicants, Application Process, and Estimate of Expenses pages, and call us.
- Service Dogs of Virginia only places service dogs with clients who reside in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Before you apply, please note that Service Dogs of Virginia does NOT train dogs for: hearing or visual impairment, psychiatric disorders, or seizure alert.
- Only active duty, retired military, veterans, police or first responders may apply for a PTSD service dog.
Apply for a Service Dog
No application fee required for those listed below.
Apply to be a Puppy Raiser or Nights & Weekends Volunteer
- Apply to be a Puppy Raiser or Nights & Weekends Volunteer (no application fee required)
Apply for a Released Dog
- Apply for a Released Dog (no application fee required)