Service Dogs of Virginia, Inc. fulfills its mission by creating life changing partnerships between disabled people and service dogs. SDV does not charge clients for their dogs or receive any government funding. We rely on the generous support of individuals, organizations, and corporations. Service Dogs of Virginia, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and is accredited by Assistance Dogs International.
We welcome corporate sponsors for financial support and for the ability to reach more people about our mission and programs. In turn, sponsoring SDV can help a company achieve some significant benefits.
Through our corporate sponsorship program, SDV can help companies seeking to
- Reach a new audience
- Obtain better and more media coverage
- Demonstrate a commitment to social responsibility
- Increase community awareness of its products and services
- Enhance its image with consumers and customers in creative ways
- Support a mission empowering individuals with disabilities across the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Corporate partnerships make good sense. According to a 2013 Cone Communications study
- Over 80% of consumers say they have a more positive image of a company that supports a cause they care about.
- 89% of consumers say that, price and quality being equal, they would switch to a brand or retailer associated with a good cause.
- 84% of consumers would tell their friends and family about a company’s cause related efforts.
- 87% of employees feel a strong sense of loyalty to their companies with cause programs versus 67% of those employed by companies without a cause association.
- 90% of employees whose companies have a cause program feel proud of their companies’ values versus 56% of those whose employers are not committed to a cause.
91% of the population wants to see more products, services and retailers support worthy issues – up eight percentage points since 2010. Only 7% of the U.S. population believes corporations only need to be concerned with their bottom-line. More than nine-in-10 look to companies to support social or environmental issues in some capacity, and 88% of the population is eager to hear from companies about those efforts.
Our dogs train throughout Charlottesville and Albemarle County and attend events throughout the state. Picture your company’s name on the vest of a service dog in training at Fashion Square Mall, Barrack’s Road Shopping Center, the University of Virginia or the Downtown Mall, only a few of the 50 plus places our dogs go.
Consider using our dogs in your print, online, and television advertising. They are remarkable to work with and they get people’s attention. According to the most recent American Pet Products Association (APPA) Survey, 62% of U.S. households own a pet, and dogs top the list as the most common household pet. In other words, that’s a large segment of the American market – your target audience. (Examples)
Service Dogs of Virginia can work with companies of all sizes in creating a mutually beneficial partnership through one or more of the following:
Cause Related Marketing: Allocate a percentage of sales to receive benefits.
Employee Involvement and Investment: Organize an employee event or giving program and match the amount raised. You will receive the benefits and we can give a dog training demonstration at your company as a kick off. For more information, contact , Director of Development at 434-295-9503.