It costs approximately $40,000 over a two year period to raise, train, and place a successful service dog. We have, on average, 25 dogs in various stages of training at any given time. Through the generous support of caring individuals, businesses and foundations, Service Dogs of Virginia is able to provide service dogs at no cost to those in need. A gift of …
- $25 helps provide a collar, leash and food dishes for a puppy
- $50 helps feed a service dog in training for two months
- $100 helps pay for a vest and tether system for an autism service dog
- $250 helps cover a puppy’s vaccinations and vet exams
- $500 helps pay for training equipment
- $1000 helps cover the cost of a puppy
We do not receive any government funding. Therefore, every donation, no matter how small, adds up to make a significant impact on a person’s life.
Because Service Dogs of Virginia is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and no goods or services are provided in exchange for your unrestricted financial donation, your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
We welcome donations of all amounts. For gifts of less than $25.00, please mail a check to:
Service Dogs of Virginia, PO Box 408, Charlottesville, VA 22902.
If you would like to give to SDV on a recurring basis, please contact us to set up a recurring donation!